Retro Red Bull 1976 games returns for season-ending bash
SUMMIT COUNTY — The Gin Blossoms, Quiet Riot and the Samples are among the headliners at Copper Mountain’s Sunsation festival this year, back for two weekends in late April (April 16-17, April 23-24). More acts will be announced soon, according to a press release from the resort.
Along with the traditional free music, the retro Red Bull 1976 games will return, as well as the the CBS Sports Network’s 2011 Alt Games College Slopestyle and Rail Jam Championships, and, under the motto safety first, an attempt to set a world record for the most people applying sunscreen at the same time. Continue reading “Gin Blossoms, Quiet Riot at Copper’s 2011 Sunsation”
Four of the most viewed videos from 2010 were from Copper Mountain Sunsation in April. This immensely popular music festival featured some top-notch acts. All of the videos can be viewed at the Summit Voice YouTube channel. A link to this channel can also be found on the right sidebar.
- Pepper at Copper Mountain Sunsation, April 10, 2010
- Passafire at Copper Mountain Sunsation, April 10, 2010
- Lighting of Breckenridge, December 4, 2010
- Sunsation at Copper Mountain, Colorado, April 10, 2010
- Moose sighting on Peak 7, Breckenridge, Colorado
- A Mushroom Foray in Summit County, Colorado
- Historic Engine #9 returns to Breckenridge, Colorado, 12-14-2010
- Breckenridge Ski Area, November 16, 2010
- A Moose and Her Calf in Breckenridge, Colorado
- Copper Sunsation April 18, 2010
My own personal favorite came in at #9, “A Moose and Her Calf”. I was standing at my kitchen window early one morning last March and I saw the moose standing at the end of my driveway. I dashed for my camera and by the time I got back with it, she had moved into the back yard, and it was then that I saw that she was accompanied by her calf. Since my deck is well above the level of the yard, I was able to stand on the deck and take video of them without disturbing them. It was a wonderful moment for me and I’m so glad I was able to capture it.