SUMMIT COUNTY — An older Summit Voice story zoomed to the top of the charts late in the week, with Google searches for “alpine grouse” and other related terms leading readers to a story about the impacts of winter recreation on wildlife. I’m not really sure why this story from a year ago all of a sudden picked up so many page views. I did a bit of research to see if there have been some new developments in alpine grouse conservation but came up empty handed.
Other popular stories included an article on new estimates about when Greenland might lose its ice cap, as well as continued political manipulation of endangered species politics.
We had one day with page views well above 4,000, while page views the rest of the week stayed between 3,500 and 4,000, right in the average zone.
- Alpine grouse decline linked to winter recreation 2,050 views
- Global warming: New estimates on Greenland meltdown 694 views
- Plan to tweak Endangered Species Act draws fire 621 views
- Colorado: West Slope meeting set on BLM’s oil shale plan 430 views
- Federal regulators say Colorado health officials botched licensing and hearing process for proposed uranium mill 344 views
- Weather: March meltdown, record highs? 334 views
- Global warming: New estimates of sea-level rise 324 views
- Climate: Record heat wave fuels rare March tornadoes 293 views
- Global Warming: Pine beetles thriving at higher elevations
- Global warming: Early snowmelt hits Colorado butterflies
- Caution urged on Arctic shipping and development
- Colorado: Weather blamed for dip in mid-season skier visits
- Climate: Record heat wave fuels rare March tornadoes
- Climate: Global temps above average in February
- Marine reserves won’t save coral reefs from global warming
- Global warming: Doctors foresee major health impacts
- Summit County: Will Dillon Reservoir fill this year?
- Biodiversity: Court upholds sea turtle protection
More headlines from the past week:
- Biodiversity: Some hope for coral reefs?
- Genetics: Scientists finish mapping gorilla genome
- Climate: New York seeks to reduce heat island effect
- Colorado: West Slope meeting set on BLM’s oil shale plan
- Climate: South Platte flows could drop by 40 percent
- Weather: March meltdown, record highs?
- California researchers say chorus frogs are carriers of deadly chytrid fungus that’s wiped out 200 frog species
- Environment: Some U.S. ozone spikes traced to Asia
- Federal regulators say Colorado health officials botched licensing and hearing process for proposed uranium mill
- CU researchers to help assess Himalayan water supplies
- Breckenridge Ski Area extends season
- Spring Fever hits Breckenridge!
- U.S. tourism industry seeks easier access for travelers
- Lawsuit pushes EPA to regulate airplane emissions
Summit Voice photography:
- Morning photo: The winter that wasn’t?
- Morning photo: Through the lens
- Morning photo: In the willows
- Colorado: Snowy tracks on Mt. Yale