Climate, avalanches and photography!
SUMMIT COUNTY — The Year of the Dragon proved a popular topic with Summit Voice readers, who visited this guest post by Eileen Wacker more than 2,300 times. Some social media attention to ongoing climate science coverage helped drive a carbon dioxide-global warming story to more than 2,200 page views, while a pair of avalanche stories also garnered more than 2,000 page views combined. More social media love from a couple of meteorologists with The Weather Channel also helped boost a Colorado skiing photo essay into the ranks of the most-viewed stories.
Click on the headlines to read, then use the buttons at the end of the post to share the stories via your own social media networks. Thanks for supporting independent journalism in Colorado.
- 2012: The Year of the Dragon is here 2,327 views
- Global warming: Is CO2 driving fish crazy? 2,210 views
- Colorado: Two dead in ski area avalanches 1,673 views
- Global warming: Is Arctic ice at a tipping point? 752 views
- Colorado: Forest Service to review ski area avalanches 747 views
- Morning photo: Avalanche control at Breckenridge 583 views
- Morning photo: Colorado skiing 493 views
- Weather: Dry spring? 402 views
More of last week’s headlines:
- Death Valley’s Ubehebe Crater could explode again
- Summit County: Forest Service to sell Dillon compound
- Morning photo: Avalanche control at Breckenridge
- Breckenridge: Ready, set, sculpt!
- Battle over nuclear energy looms in Utah
- Study: Wetlands restoration rarely effective
- Report outlines impacts of Klamath River dam removal
- Travel: Green tea and music videos in Mali
- Food: Try a new lineup for your next gathering
- Forest Service close to finalizing new planning rule
- Weather: Dry spring?
- Ancient skull gives new clues on history of dogs
- Slow going for Mexican gray wolf recovery
- Lawsuit challenges naval sonar testing