Climate, weather and trout …
By Summit Voice
SUMMIT COUNTY —Holiday periods like the week between Christmas and New Years are often considered to be slow news periods, when government offices are relatively quiet and, well, there’s not really that much going on. As a result, it can also be a slow time, to say the least, for news-oriented websites, unless you’re peddling stories about the latest celebrity peccadilloes. But in an encouraging sign that good content can trump trends, a couple climate-related stories at Summit Voice picked more than 1,000 page views each, while another piece on the restoration of wolves to the Greater Yellowstone ecoystem also was widely read. Click on the headlines to read the top stories, and don’t forget to use the buttons at the end to share them via your own social media network.
- Research shows link between climate and biodiversity 1,789 views
- Weather: There’s more to it than La Niña 1,103 views
- Wolves spur rebirth of Yellowstone ecosystems 629 views
- Global warming: Top stories of 2011 384 views
- Global warming: Wildlife facing extreme weather risks 378 views
- Summit County: Missing insects a sign of trouble for the gold medal fishing waters of the Blue River in Silverthorne 366 views
- Colorado weather: Hang on to your hat! 347 views
- Climate: Record high temp recorded at South Pole 277 views
- Colorado: Transmountain water deal still on hold
- Travel: Is U.S. missing out on the global tourism boom?
- Biodiversity: Wolves returning to California
- USFS finalizes new rule for aerial use of fire retardants
- Marijuana plantations threaten national forest resources
- Study: Low levels of oil fatal to young fish
- Summit County: Missing insects a sign of trouble for the gold medal fishing waters of the Blue River in Silverthorne
- BLM to limit impacts in sage grouse habitat
- NOAA issues draft study for Arctic Sea oil drilling
- Noise-related health hazards often overlooked
- Environment: Some bad forest juju in the 2012 budget bill?
- Summit Cove residents eye neighborhood rec path
- Skiing: Vail Resorts boosts ski slope safety efforts