Skier-death stories top the list
By Summit Voice
SUMMIT COUNTY — Ski-related deaths in Colorado and Utah topped the Summit Voice headlines, as coverage of the season’s first deadly avalanche triggered a surge of traffic.
I was psyched to see that a somewhat wonky water piece also garnered some attention, as the Forest Service and ski industry face off over water rights. This story still hasn’t been reported by any other new outlet, not because it’s not important, but because it’s complex — and most papers these days don’t have the resources to keep reporters on staff who can understand and explain this stuff.
Click the headlines to read the stories and use the share buttons at the end of the posts to spread them via your own social media network.
- Utah avalanche kills pro skier Jamie Pierre 1,426 views
- Colorado: Deaths on the slopes of Breckenridge and Vail 1,106 views
- Forest Service, ski industry tussle over water rights 557 views
- Postal Service suspends post office closures 417 views
- Colorado: Tipton says pesticides in your drinking water are acceptable, as House GOP aims to weaken Clean Water Act 406 views
- Canada sidesteps polar bear protections with listing decision 299 views
- Florida: Apalachicola residents protest powerline plans 296 views
- Antarctica: Gamburtsev Mountains reveal their secrets 292 views Continue reading
Filed under: climate and weather, global warming, Summit County Colorado, Summit County news | Tagged: Colorado, Gamburtsev Mountain Range, global warming, News, Summit Voice, United States Forest Service | Leave a comment »