Colorado water woes growing
By Summit Voice
SUMMIT COUNTY — The weekend story about a U.S. Forest Service review of a deadly inbounds avalanche at Vail quickly zoomed up to the top spot despite being published on the weekend, while a story on how the devastating white-nose syndrome is spreading to new bat species was featured in the national Google News feed.
Wildfire stories, including maps and links to information resources, tend to see a steady flow of traffic driven by Google searches. Click the headlines to read the stories and share them on your own favorite social media channel.
- Forest Service review clears Vail in avalanche death 1,380 views
- Deadly disease spreads to endangered gray bats 1,281 views
- Colorado: Little Sand Fire grows to 3,000 acres 754 views
- Global warming: Monthly average atmospheric CO2 levels exceed 400 ppm at remote sites for the first time on record 751 views
- Whitewater-Baldy fire in New Mexico burns to record size 639 views
- Study warns of ‘unsustainable’ groundwater depletion in California’s Central Valley and the central High Plains 627 views
- Colorado: June 4 Partial lunar eclipse 560 views
- Global warming: Hummingbird migration falling out of synch with wildflower blossoms in the southern Rocky Mountains 523 views (more…)
Filed under: climate and weather, Colorado, Drought, Environment, global warming, Summit County snow and weather | Tagged: Colorado online news, drought, Environment, global warming | Leave a Comment »