Emergency officials recommend appliance inspections along with CO detectors
By Summit Voice
SUMMIT COUNTY — Summit County emergency officials say the recent spell of cold weather triggered a rash of carbon-monoxide alarms, showing the value of installing carbon-monoxide detectors.
Lake Dillon firefighters have been called to several alarms in recent weeks, reinforcing the notion that CO detectors serve a valuable function in alerting residents about the dangerous buildup of carbon monoxide in their homes, especially in winter, when stoves, furnaces and fireplaces that burn combustible materials such as natural gas, propane, wood, pellets and coal are in use. Continue reading
Filed under: Colorado, Summit County Colorado, Summit County news | Tagged: Carbon monoxide poisoning, carbon-monoxide detectors, Colorado, fire safety, health, Lake Dillon Fire Rescue | Leave a comment »