A new sunrise spot
SUMMIT COUNTY — Feeling adventurous in springtime, I ventured to some new territory to check out the sunrise yesterday morning. The area around the Peak One Campground and Pine Cove is quiet this time of year — campers haven’t arrived yet, so locals are using the opportunity to run their dogs along the access road. The shoreline has a lot of character, with calm coves, and the sharp point that juts out into the reservoir still is wearing a deep mantle of drifted snow from the winter, not to mention a cap of conglomerated columnar frazil ice at the tip.
- Morning photo: Around the reservoir (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Morning photo: The winter that wasn’t? (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Morning photo: Moon shots (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Morning photo: Ice tracker (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Morning photo: Signs of spring (summitcountyvoice.com)