By Summit Voice
SUMMIT COUNTY — The re-mix of information from the National Climatic Data Center on continuing record heat in 2010 was easily the most-viewed story the past few days, followed by the western wildfire update, which included a link to a U.S. Forest Service webcam that’s streaming live pictures from a small wildfire burning near Rifle, Colorado. And even though it was posted late Friday night, the story about a potential endangered species lawsuit against BP quickly grew into one of the top posts.
And for a change of pace, the travel and wildlife story about bat-viewing at Colorado’s largest bat roost also snuck into the top five. Click on the headlines below to read the stories and share the links with your friends. Remember, Summit Voice relies on social media and electronic word-of-mouth!
- Global warming: June sets another all-time record
- Webcam delivers images from Meadow Creek fire
- BP facing endangered species lawsuit over oil impacts
- High season for Colorado’s biggest bat cave
- Melting ice only one factor in rising sea levels
- House committee OKs $900 million for key land fund